Saturday, April 13

Happy Art Flag Challenge

I will soon be off to take a class with Tim Holtz in Connecticut, and the store there is holding an art flag challenge to celebrate Tim and Mario coming to visit, and then they will use the flags in public spaces to bring good will and cheer to folks. Of course, I had to make one, and as you will see I am also thinking ahead to Earth Day as it is around the same time as class.
Eyelets, distressed ribbons, grunge board, distress paints and inks, and Perfect Pearls...
Tags, up cycled packaging, rock candy...
Stamping on plastic, filling the little wells with Distress Stains and Crystal Accents, then some beads, words...
Dimensional view...
Combine all together, and you get my happy flag!
On the back you can see some of the stenciling I did also. I pulled out some materials I had not played with in a long time, which made this extra fun. So, there you have it - my art flag with recycled packaging - that ought to make Mother Nature happy.

2 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous make, Maura... LOVE what you've done with the packaging - I'm always saving it, but the most exciting thing I've done with it so far is use it as a palette for making perfect pearls paint! Gorgeous... and I've got to say I'm pretty envious: an actual class with the actual TH - hope you have the most amazing time!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING work!!! YOu are really rockin' it out these days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest