Thursday, August 1

Simon Says Challenge: Ode to Sunshine

My interpretation is a bit more summer memories...certainly of sunshine and flowers, gorgeous colors, lazy days, swinging in the hammock....but also a few special nights going to the drive in movies.

My tag background is something I played around with in my Techniques Toolbox class, trying a watermark resist. It hasn't really worked for me yet, I need the reinker, not the pad I think. Colors remind me of summer.

You need a ticket for the movies, and the movie reel...

You get there by car, and what better than a convertible for the outdoor movies (minus bugs or rain). I picture the people from this time in a car like this with scarves flying out behind them. Hence the ribbons flowing out behind.

Put it all together, and you get my ode to summer, ready to head in for the challenge at Simon Says.

I think most of the drive in movie theaters are gone by now, memories of the past, but I have a drive in just down the road from where I live called the Ozoner. So, in my neck of the woods we are lucky enough to still be able to fill the car and go down to the outdoor theater for an evening of fun at the movies.

5 comments:

  1. So many fun details here, and great dimensional interest too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maura. Thanks so much for the nice comment you left on my blog. I’ve been out of town for a couple of weeks and just getting back into the grind. Hopefully I will get my comments and emails caught up soon. Your Ode To Sunshine tag is darling. I love your bright picture wheel and all of the cute embellishments you have made for your tag. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maura - another fab project, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun summer project! I love all the beautiful elements and details. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is absolutely fantastic I love love it!!!
    oxox
    SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest