Thursday, September 17

Simon Says STAMPtember!

It's a wonderful time of the year, the weather is changing, the nights are getting cooler, and over at Simon Says Stamp, it's all about celebrating STAMPtember!

Just for fun today, I thought I would share a little project I created with a holiday theme using some of the STAMPtember products.


I started with watercolor paper and distress paints in blue and purple to create the background. Next I used the exclusive Snowflake Block to cut out the very detailed snowflakes. I did one with tissue (design kind of got lost in the end), one with frosted film (but I ended up using the backing rather than the film), and one using cardstock. 


I cut apart the snowflakes and layered them on the ATC size papers, then went over it with a thick layer of crackle. Time to let that dry overnight. I sprinkled some zinc beads and glitter in to the wet medium to add some interest.



Here's a closeup of one, so you can see more of the details. I added wire to hang them, and jump rings to add the "Be Joyful" (another Simon exclusive) to the main base, then for fun, hung a little jingle bell on each one.


Looks like I am thinking ahead to the holidays. Have you started your holiday crafting yet? I know I still have a long way to go!


 Supplies:


   

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest