Tuesday, May 23

Happy Birthday Dan!



I made a birthday card for my son, Dan. He loves to garden, so I thought I would go with a nature theme.
I started by creating my background with Distress Oxide inks. Rub them on the craft mat, spritz with water, and lay the card into it. Repeat as often as you like - I like to dry one layer before adding another. 


Next, I stamped leaf images from stamps I made into the background.


Then, using my MISTI, I placed the flower stamps exactly where I wanted them and stamped.


Birthday wishes stamped inside the card...with the MISTI you can stamp repeatedly until you get a beautiful crisp image.


I added a touch of red and orange to balance out the greens, doodled in a tiny bit and stamped the envelope. I hope you've enjoyed this fun and easy card!
Let me know if you have any questions.


SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       


1 comment:

  1. Loving this Maura, wonderful use of the oxides. I've not these yet, so exploring working out which colours are most needed for moi!
    Great use cracked pistachio and fossilised amber...love it,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest