Saturday, July 1

Face Your Fears!

I've had an idea kicking around in my brain for awhile, so today I experimented with it. I was wondering what kind of effects I could get with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics and compressed air (canned, like you use to clean your computer). I am happy to say that I was successful!

I created a page for my Prima art journal - Face Your Fears


I had to practice a bit to get the hang of it. I discovered if I added a drop or two of fluid acrylic to my paper with a few drops of water, let it sit a few seconds, then aimed the straw from the compressed air across it, I could get these great splats.


Close up of my first splat - I am loving the variation in color here!


I worked everything in yellow, orange and pink first, used my heat gun to dry it, and then added some green and gold on top. If the paint is wet, it will blend some which is ok if that is what you want. I did not want to create "mud" so dried it before adding contrasting colors.


Close up - I am liking the layering that is being created here. At this point, my first idea was to go in and doodle around some of the shapes. But, I changed my mind.


I added in some stamped images from Andy Skinner's Skulldoggery and Unexplained stamp sets, and found this fairy with an attitude from Lisa's Altered Art. DecoArt Decoupage worked great to adhere the images and seal the page. Final touch - I went around everything with a Stabilo pencil and water.


This is definitely a technique I would like to experiment further with!


SUPPLIES:

DecoArt Fluid Acrylics: Hansa Yellow Medium, Cadmium Orange Hue, Quinacridone Magenta, Green Gold, Quinacridone Gold
DecoArt Decoupage Matte
Andy Skinner Stampendous stamp sets: Skulldoggery, Unexplained
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
MISTI 
Heat gun
Mister bottle for water
Compressed air
watercolor paper
Stabilo Aquarellable graphite pencil
Fairy image - Lisa's Altered Art
Finnabair Vintage Vanity Art Journal (Prima)
old book paper
brush
scissors


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest