Monday, March 25

Play with Paint!



Hello Monday, my friends! Are you ready to get painty with us this week? I hope so! Our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is - PLAY WITH PAINT.  I know I love to play with paint, how about you? 

It's been wonderful having Lisa with us this month as our guest designer. Wish you the best, Lisa, and I am looking forward to seeing your newest creations! 

I decided to play with watercolors this week and make a set of cards.


I started by laying three different stencils onto a sheet of watercolor paper, and spritzing with Distress Resist Spray. 


Next, I dripped and blended the Aqua Pigments onto the sheet.


After blending and wiping, here is the result of my play.


I folded a piece of paper in half, sketched a vase and laid it onto the metallic card stock to cut. 


I added the bubble design onto the vases...


and filled them with flowers.


The bottom of this vase is a happy accident. I had made lines with the Nuvo, and then smudged it, so I decided to really smudge it and press in some dots with a dowel. 


Adding detail with Nuvo drops and Glossy Accents.



 I added a bit of color to my paper dolls with the Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers.

Collect Beautiful Moments


Follow Your Heart


So, take out your paints! Acrylic, watercolor...whatever paint floats your boat, and come join us in this fun challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly drawn for a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp. It could be you!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A Great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Now that the design team is all painty, be sure to head on over to see their wonderful makes for this week's challenge!




9 comments:

  1. What a creative way to make a patterned background! great idea to mix the stencils. Love the colors you got on the background and the vases are so cool, too. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so creative Maura! Your skill to mix different materials and styles is incredible! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! The backgrounds are SO fun!! Love all the pops of color! Well done, Maura! :D

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backgrounds turned out fantastic Maura!! I have to use the resist spray soon again. I love your pretty vases, and that great save when you smeared the Nuvo. I have to immediately put anything way out of reach, which need to dry. Or else I will place a paper or something else on top of it myself, or little hands are bound to find it and smear it. :) I hope you had a good weekend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fabulous, Maura! I didn't know that you could color the ancestor dolls with Mermaid Markers. I shall have to give that a go! I also love the way you created the vases and made an entire scene for these dapper folks to hang out in. Great inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fantastic, Maura. The background patterns and all the embellishments you created are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards my friend, love how you created the backgrounds and those big bold vases of flowers are amazing, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty cards, Maura! Love those vases and all the patterns you've created ar so fun. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards Maura, the way you made the backgrounds is so unique and interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest