Monday, July 15

Animal Magic a la Tim Holtz!



Hello Monday, and welcome back friends! Our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is ANIMAL MAGIC, and we are celebrating Tim Holtz, aka "the Professor" and all of his wonderful products! Have you noticed that Tim Holtz is the brand of the month at Simon Says Stamp? Be sure to check it out!

Animals bring magic into our lives, whether it's our pet at home or a wild animal. Think of how often you interact with or observe them. Some encounters may be less than magical (me, I am thinking of numerous encounters with black and grizzly bears in my life) but can still fill you with a sense of awe. One animal I am in awe of, is the elephant...what a beautiful creature, so majestic and inspiring! 

Rainbow Elephants

"go where your heart takes you...and so the adventure begins"


I wanted to create a tribal feel to my background, so randomly used two stencils and the Distress Resist Spray.


I sprayed on a mix of greens and hickory smoke and wiped it back with a baby wipe to show the resist. 


Then, I decided to go over it all with the peacock feathers, which I blended over the page.


I wanted to try to stamp rainbow elephants, so pulled out my ROYGBV colors and wiped them onto a craft sheet in successive rows. I spritzed it with water and laid the papers down onto the mat. 


The top sheet is the first one I laid onto the inks. The bottom one is the second, which I also swirled in a circular pattern. I'll save that for a future project. 


I used the Stamp Platform to get detailed, clear images. Originally, I wanted one elephant with all the rainbow colors, but I like the way it turned out.


I cut and layered, and had a bit of the background leftover, so added that to the inside.


Now it's your turn to create some Animal Magic and join us in this week's challenge! One lucky participant is chosen at random to win a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use hashtag #sssmchallenge


The design team has created some wonderful animal magic, so be sure to check it out! Thanks for stopping by. 




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Maura, I love the artsy heffalumps! love the colours and the background :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the fabulous colors on this card! Maura. Such a delightful design! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest