Monday, July 22

Remember the Now!



Hello Monday, my friends! This week we are all about creating anything but a card, in our NOT A CARD challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hmmm, that leaves SO many creative possibilities, we hope you will join us!

Tim Holtz is the Brand of the Month at Simon Says Stamp, so I wanted to showcase his products in this week's project - a collage canvas. 

Remember the Now


My palette of inks to create the background.


I swiped my inks on the craft sheet, spritzed and place the watercolor paper on top several times. 


First stenciled layer with the ground espresso and salty ocean.


Second stencil layer with the clocks and code.


I pulled a black 8 x 10 canvas out of my stash and used the splatter brush to add lots of copper splatters. 


I stamped three of the ATC designs and used all the inks and the brown just along the edges. Then, it was a matter of playing with the butterflies, gears and all to figure out how I wanted to place things down. I wrapped black thread round the body of the butterfly. 


You can see more detail with the gears, threads and clock faces. 


I took my series of ATC's, added them to the canvas and background I made, and then created more dimension with the embellishments. 


I hope you are inspired to join us this week and make anything but a card! One participant is drawn at random to win a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over and check out all the wonderful inspiration from the design team!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, your collage canvas is stunning! I love the design with all the amazing details - beautiful šŸ˜. Thanks for your kind wishes and comments on my blog and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest