Thursday, January 9

Simon Says Stamp New Release: Hey Bestie!



Simon Says Stamp is releasing new products from their HEY BESTIE line today! Be sure to check out all the fun new items. I am using the PEONY BOUQUET stencil for my cards. 

I have rediscovered my Gelatos, and pulled them out to make my cards. I taped the stencil down over the watercolor paper, rubbed some on, then blended it in with a cosmetic sponge and my finger. 


Here is the result, which I was not totally thrilled with, so decided to experiment. 


I rubbed a bit more of the gelatos over the stencil...


...then spritzed it with water, laid it upside down on the watercolor paper, 
and blended it in with my fingers. 


Ah, yes, that is more like it!


To change things up a bit, on the second one, I went over it with yellow watercolor, rubbed it back a bit, then decided to go back in with the gelatos again, since I rubbed off more than planned. 
Plus, I added some Nuvo drops to this one. 


Same stencil, same materials, but two very different cards!

UPDATE: My Hold on to your Dreams cards was selected as a favorite at Splitcoaststampers for the two week period ending Jan. 11, 2020! I am honored!



I hope you've enjoyed this! Let me know if you have any questions, Maura

SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest