Monday, May 25

Going Around in Circles



Hello Monday my friends! I hope this finds you well. Our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is - GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES. I don't know about you, but I love circles and often find myself adding them to my work. I have even developed an affinity to our local traffic circles or roundabouts, over time. 


UPDATE: HONORED TO HAVE THIS SELECTED AS A FAVORITE OF THE WEEK AT SPLITCOASTSTAMPERS!!! *(MAY 30) THANK YOU!!!

It's been wonderful having Cath with us this month! We've enjoyed your wonderful takes on our challenges, and look forward to seeing what you creating. 

As soon as I thought of circles this time, I pictured gears and wheels, and thought immediately of my son, Ben. He has an adventurous spirit, and his wheels often get him there, whether it's the wheels on his truck or his bike. He traveled across the country to British Columbia last summer to ride his mountain bike at Whistler.  Both of my sons love the outdoors, no matter the season, and have spent many days hiking and kayaking together. I decided to use this challenge to create a birthday card for him. What a wonderful son, I am doubly blessed!!




Here's wishing you many more adventures!


I was inspired by all the great Tim Holtz demos to get my inks out and play. I started here by inking the paper, spritzed it, and let it dry. I love this look!


I added blue by wiping it on my mat, spritzing it and laying the card into it. 


I went in and added some more ink layers. Ooh, love this!


I added gear images with some Seth Apter stamps I had on hand. 



And then I started playing with the new Distress Glazes...I inked up the Alchemy stamp and dropped a mix of glazes in, then heated it up. Next step was to add some big flicks of Distress Resist and the Broken China glaze to get these wonderful dots. 



I stamped WISH (a Seth Apter stamp), did a bit of stenciling, and then doodled with a white pen. 


Final steps, inking and gazing some chipboard pieces to add. I also added in some dots of white, and mounted it on black. 


details...





Steampunk style birthday card is ready for the big day!


I hope you are inspired by my take on circles, and are ready to join the fun this week! Our super generous friends at Simon Says Stamp have a $25 shopping voucher ready to a randomly selected player...it could be you!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge, 
you can also use #sssunitedwecraft and #sssendacard

Be sure to head on over to see how the design team is going in circles this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest