Monday, June 1

Copper Treasure Box






Hello friends, and welcome!! For Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges I've made a treasure box with a copper patina to share this month. 

What kind of treasure do you think you would find inside the box? 
It could be a Pandora's box...would you open it? 
Was it found in an old shipwreck and dragged up from the ocean depths?

COPPER TREASURE BOX 


 I started with a small box, and covered it with grey Chalky Gesso, then added on some chipboard from Boozybear Chipboard, and a molded panel (Stamperia) on top that I had made a while back. Then, I added a second layer of the gesso. 


I decided I wanted more texture on the sides, to added some modeling paste with a palette knife. This also helped to merge the top with the sides of the box. Let that dry. 


I started by splatting on some black ink, let it dry and added the first paint coat of Quinacridone Gold.    From this point, I added multiple layers of the gold, Payne's Grey and Cobalt Teal Hue with the fluid acrylics. I dabbed it on with a brush to create the mottled effect. 


Final steps were to use the matte Decou-Page on the box bottom so it won't stick, and to smudge on some copper metallic to create some highlights. 


Below you can see the four sides and the depth in the layers of paint to create a copper patina. 






Here are the materials I used, plus a couple of brushes and some glue. 


I hope you have enjoyed my steampunk style treasure box and will join our challenge this month! I do love seeing what everyone is creating!

Many thanks to the wonderful support from DecoArt and Boozybear Chipboard!

Stay well and be creative! Maura

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest