Monday, July 6

Let's Get Painty with Dina Wakley!




Hello Monday my friends, and welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - PLAY WITH PAINT. We are showcasing the awesome products of Dina Wakley, so if you have some, pull them out for this week's challenge! 

We welcome Sheila Wy of 216 Alchemy Lane, this month as our guest designer! Welcome Sheila, so glad to have you with us for July!

It's been a tough week, as a good friend's mom passed away suddenly.  Sometimes we need to be brave unexpectedly and hold things together when all we want to do is cry.  Thinking of my good friend...

I'm also working on this on the Fourth of July (USA), which is why I chose a red, white and blue paint palette. I feel like it has been a challenging time for our country, and I need to be brave to keep meeting the challenges.

BE BRAVE YOURSELF


I headed to my Dina Wakley Media Journal and pulled out my paints. You will notice I have some of the older tubes-gotta use them up before I can replace them with the cute bottles.  I started by making blue marks with a paintbrush. 


Swiped on some white...


Added a bit of Heather...


Decided to collage in a bit of dictionary paper, then stamped some bold dots. 


Time to add some red with the Wallpaper stencil...


More stamping and a bit of a blue whitewash.


Rubbed in a bit of Sedona...and yes, those fingers are getting painty!


Time to add in the white with the Ladders stencil, and then scribbled around the large circles with a white scribble stick...


I collaged the face on with matte medium. I added the full sheet, then decided I wanted more of the background to come through. So, don't make the mistake I did trying to remove areas of wet tissue - very messy fingers. I extended some of the lines I had taken off with a black scribble stick, stamped some scribbly words, and added "be brave yourself".


Details of the layers...


I decided to also add "you got this"


Be Brave Yourself, You Got This!


I hope you enjoyed seeing how I built the layers in my art journal, and are ready to get painty and join us this week! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to a participant, drawn at random.






A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Head on over to see how the design team got painty this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest