Wednesday, July 1

SASPC Summer Special Challenge





Hello, hello Steampunk friends!! Welcome to our SUMMER SPECIAL CHALLENGE at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges! Our Summer Special runs through the end of August, so you have TWO months to work on your always amazing steampunk makes and join us. You may also enter FIVE times during our summer challenge, so hope to see you there!

Around here it finally feels like summer, so I was inspired to create a nautical themed notebook to use. I kept it simple and covered it with the awesome Stamperia Sea World papers. I love these for the amazing steampunk images. I thought the compass rose on the front was appropriate to "guide" me through the season.


On the back, I could not resist the deep sea diving Kraken. 


Of course, I had to add more, so I used a gear stencil (DecoArt) and tried out Izink Ice for the first time (cool stuff). After the gears dried, I added a mix of Quinacridone Gold and Cobalt Teal Hue to add the the water and rust theme going on here. 


Here's the finished back...


I added gears and watch parts to the front...



Gears with the Izink and the fluid acrylics like on the back...


Chipboard from Boozybear, and some metal bits...


Now I have this cool steampunk style notebook to use all summer!


I encourage you to put your top hat on and get cracking on your creations and join us this summer in our challenge! Looking forward to seeing your awesome creations. 

Many many thanks to our generous sponsors, DecoArt and Boozybear Chipboard!!

Enjoy a wonderful summer, and I will leave you with a peek of my summer life here in upstate New York.
Wishing you a creative, steampunk-filled summer! Maura 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest