Monday, January 18

On A Roll



Hello Monday, my friends! We have a new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - WE'RE ON A ROLL, and we are all about wheels.

I decided to focus on this great stamp by Tim Holtz called Fly Fly. I love the image of the man with the balloons on the unicycle (yes, there is my wheel), and make a slimline card.

USE YOUR WINGS


I started by stamping the image onto watercolor paper.


Then, I started smooshing a lot of colorful layers - swiping the ink pad on the craft sheet, misting it with water, and laying the paper down into it. 


Next smooshed layer...


...and another.


I layered the card onto Simon's peacock teal cardstock, and on to the slimline card. I added a few of my own balloons made with watercolors and watercolor paper. Then, I drew in lines for the balloons. 


Thinking about flying and using your wings, I thought it would be fun to add in a rusty butterfly. I popped in some Glossy Accents in the circles as I used it to glue it down. 


I added a gear to the unicycle, and went around the outside with black to make it bolder. The chip quote "use your wings" fits this perfectly. It will be a great card to send to someone who needs some encouragement to spread their wings. 


USE YOUR WINGS
...and roll on your wheel!


Now, it's your turn to think about wheels and create a make to share with us. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant.




A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge



The design team is rolling in with their gorgeous makes, be sure to check them out!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card! Your design really made me smile with the rolling cog and happy colours 😁. I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest