Monday, July 26

Wild for Washi

 


Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to our WILD WITH WASHI challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Let's be honest here...do you have a stash of washi tape that just keeps growing like mine? Well, now is the perfect time to use some of it. 

It has been an amazing month with Megumi, aka Ink Lady Blue with her fantastic creations! I love how interactive her work is. Hope to see you back here soon, Megumi! 

I combined a couple of wild ideas - the ocean and making my own washing tape...while singing "We all live in a yellow submarine..." 


I started with a piece of sticky back canvas tape and smooshed some inks onto it. 


Next, I began layering paints and stencils on top.

 

Had to add in a pop of contrast...


I added stamping, and then a contrasting strip of washi from Dina Wakley, as well as a few purple scribbles. 


Details. of the washi...



I used a Simon Slimline card (these are quickly becoming a favorite), stenciled it with paint, then blended some ink across it. 


Stamped and popped the ocean thoughts, added the yellow submarine, and put glossy accents into the portholes. 


Why not try to make your own washi tape this week? Or pull some out of your stash, there are so many cool ones to choose from! 


Now it's your turn to try your hand with washi! Our generous friends at iImon Says Stamp are offering a $25 voucher. 

SUPPLIES:

 

A GREAT place to shop!

Simon is on Instagram, use #sssmchallenge 


Check out all the wild washi ideas from the design team! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest