Monday, November 22

Artist Trading Cards




Hello friends and welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - ATC's (artist trading cards).  I really enjoy working in this small art format (2.5 x 3.5") and seeing what I can create. I should do this more often! I think you will have as much fun making these little treasures as I did.

VINTAGE THINGS


I began by stamping the vintage blueprint images onto hard core.


Now, the fun begins! I smooshed Mermaid Lagoon and Villainous Potion over the images. I do love my glass mat which is my work surface on my table, and the blending area. Once that dried, I blended on some Rusty Hinge with the mini blender.


Next up - some of those yummy holiday Mica Stains.


I stamped each image again onto watercolor paper and used the same inks to color them using a lighter touch with the colors. Then, I fussy cut the images out and popped them up.


Time to add some details - I used the gold pen here, and found some alpha stickers I had in my stash.


I added gold pen and Liquid Pearls to the phone...


...a  clock face charm and threads as well as some gold ink here...


...and finally a bit of gold pen, and a Phillips head screw.


These old vintage blueprints from days of long ago are certainly fun to work with and reminisce about. Who knows, maybe you have a few of these vintage items in your home. 


Now it's your turn to work in the ATC format and share your makes with us! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher...come play and you might win! We also love to spotlight our favorites each week.



A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the amazing array of artist trading cards from the design team for lots of inspiration!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest