Monday, November 29

Sparkle Mode




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - SPARKLE MODE. We are also celebrating the 40th. anniversary of Stampendous - Congratulations Stampendous!

It's been wonderful having Laura with us this month as our guest designer! I've enjoyed all of your beautiful makes, Laura and look forward to more of your creations. 

COCOA, TEA OR COFFEE?


I started by taking a coffee cup apart and flattening it. Then I used it as a pattern to cut out papers to put inside. 


I added some stamping to the pages and sparkled them up with watercolor.


I also stamped and stenciled inside the covers and added more watercolor. Since the inside of the cup is waxed, be sure to heat set. 


On the outside, I painted some images, added stencil  with distress mica stains.I decided to add more sparkle with the gold watercolor too.


Then, I used my sewing machine to go around the edges, create pockets and stitch all the pages into the book. 


Cover...


Inside...


A bit of grunge stamping and watercolor...


I added in a couple of coffee/cocoa cups...


...stamped two tags and added hand dyed ribbon to insert into the pockets...


...then I popped up the gnome onto the front leaving space to insert the ribbon to hold it closed. I also added Shaved Ice to the gnome's hat for extra sparkle. 


So, get out your sparkling things and create and share with us! Celebrate Stampendous's 40 years too with us if you would like. 


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


A great place to shop!


Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 voucher.

Be sure to head on over to check out the sparkly inspiration from the design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest