Monday, November 14

Let's Give Thanks

 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the Art Jounral Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: THANKS/THANKSGIVING

My muse took me off in a totally different direction than I had planned, and this is the result. I love how my tag turned out. I am thankful for so many things - my family, friends, creative spirit, watching the seasons change over the mountains...I am grateful. 


I don't have much in the way of process photos....just this one for the ink smooshing I did on the tag. I stamped Thanks from the Simon Says Stamp November card kit stamp set onto a Salvaged Tag.


The fun came in going through my stash and pulling out die cuts and ephemera to play with. I just love these Mischievous cats that keep finding their way into my work. I used some stitched bits, and leaf fragments I had leftover form other projects.


The tag itself is embossed with Tim Holtz's Industrious folder and Foundry Waxes.


These darn cats - so cute! I tucked a metal ruler into the mix here too.


I popped the cats up a bit for some more dimension. I wish you could feel all the textures on the tag!




Our fall season has been glorious with color this year, and I have enjoyed every moment watching the leaves change. That inspiration keeps finding its way into my work. I am thankful to be able to create and share with you. 

I am also very grateful for the excellent support and care I've received from the Columbia Eye Institute in New York City. I am headed back there this week for my second eye surgery, and am very hopeful I will be able to read and do detail work again (without my magnifying lenses). I am super thankful to my sister, Eileen, who has been with me every step of the way through this.
Yes, I am grateful.



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Industrious 3D embossing folder

Tim Holtz Foundry Waxes

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Salvaged Tags

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stitched Scraps

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Measurements

Simon Says Stamp Full of Thanks stamp set

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mishchievous  dies

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Leaf Fragments dies

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Candied Apple

Tim Holtz Distress Ground Espresso ink

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher 

Foam Tape

Scissors

#8 Tag

Beacon 3 in 1 glue

Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Heat It tool

Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


1 comment:

  1. What a super cool tag! I love those Mischievous Cats and they look purr-fect against that autumnal coloured background 😊. I hope you are keeping well and sending you very happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest