Monday, March 27

Friendship

 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Easter/Spring Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful having Pauline C. with us this month. I am sure you have enjoyed her wonderful makes as much as I have!

This week the challenge is: STENCIL IT!

I love spending time with my friends, and I know from my Mom's and Mother in law's stories, that they did too. I decided to name the three friends in the photo for my mom, Dorothy, her cousin and best friend, Betty, and my MIL Mary Ellen. Friendships connect us across the globe and through time.

 


I love these fun tags from Studio Light! I added a bit of washi tape, and blended inks across the tag with Simon's small blending brushes (another fave!)


I used some washi tape from my stash, and decided to color some in with scribble sticks to tie it into the background.


Meanwhile, I had used a palette knife and gloss transparent texture paste with the friendship stencil from Darkroom Door.. I set it aside to dry while working on the tag. Now that it was dry, I blended my inks across the page and added in some Citrine and Grapefruit for contrast. I wiped it back with a wipe to make the words more visible. 


I added a bit more color with scribble sticks, and then put the pieces together.


Tim Holtz snapshot paired with a Sharp Tongue quote from AALL and Create - ""Life is short.. Smile while you still have your teeth." Ha, ha - we don't think of that when we are young, do we?


This brought back some good memories of women in my family and spring with the colors. I do love to use stencils to add another element to my work, and I must admit, I have quite a collection. I think stencils are one of my favorite tools to add that little bit extra to my creations. Are you a stencil fan too?   Come join us this week and pull your stencils out.




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Darkroom Door Friendship stencil

Studio Light Art by Marlene Fantasy Paper Tags

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Snapshots Volume 2

AALL  and Create Sharp Tongues Black #5

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Aegean, Cadette, Fairway, Citrine, Grapefruit

Ranger Transparent Texture Paset Gloss'

Palette knife

 black and white Dina Wakley washi tape

Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks

Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock

3M Tape Glider

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Dylusions 8x8 Creative Journal

Thread

Baby wipe

Black pen

 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest