Monday, April 3

Simon Says: Let's Add Texture

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Stencil It  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Welcome back Ann Chuang,  our guest designer this month!

Since it's the first challenge of the month, we are highlighting Tonic Studios  this week. They have a wide selection of products from tools to mediums, so be sure to check them out.

This week the challenge is: ADD TEXTURE

Getting in the mood for spring weather and reminiscing about camping. My parents took us camping starting when we were little kids. We had a big canvas tent, and we each got to pack an orange box with our things. It was so much fun, but I know it was a lot of work for my parents, my Mom especially. My husband and I camped when we first met, and have taken our children from the time they were babies. Now, they are continuing the camping tradition as adults. Oh, the adventures we've had!


I began with one of these fun tags and some Pawsitively Saturated ink.


Then, I added texture with Simon's In the Round stencil and Tonic Studios Herb Garden Chalk Mousse. Set that aside to dry.


I used the Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer around the photo.


Then, I collaged some of Tim Holtz's Palette collage paper onto my page.


I blended some blues and purple on the page for the background, and wiped away areas so the collage shows through. 


While that dried, I cut out some funky flowers with gel prints from my stash, with the Mini Snips from Tonic Studios.


Adding the tag to my background...


Now for more texture with the mousse and a palette knife...



Then, I "planted" the flowers into the herb garden mousse. 


I hand lettered the words Camp onto the tag.


Camping amidst the big flowers ...


Now it's your turn to have some fun with texture!


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

 Tonic Studios Nuvo Chalk Mousse Herb Garden

Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Mini Snips

Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer

Dylusions Creative Journal 8x8

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Snapshots Vol. 2

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Palette Collage Paper

Studio Light Funky Paper Tags

Simon Says Stamp In the Round stencil

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending brushes

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Sweets and Grapefruit

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Ocean, Lapis and Blackberry

Palette knife

Tim Holtz Collage Medium

3M Tape Glider



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest