Monday, January 1

A New Start

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  LET IT SNOW Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season filled with joy and wonder! May 2024 bring you and yours good health, peace and joy. May your creative spirit shine this year too! 

We are showcasing the array of products from Brutus Monroe this week. If you have some, add them to your creation )or use what you have) and join us in celebrating the new year.

This week the challenge is: A NEW START

I I headed to my art journal to start off the new year, working with the Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments to create a layered background.  

 My first step was to scrape a layer of white acrylic paint over the watercolor paper with a silicone brush. I'm impatient, so I pulled out the heat tool to dry it. Then, I began with the Rust Aqua Pigment, and added drops over the paper. I misted it with the sprayer, and spread it around a bit. I also tilted the paper to help it spread.  Then, I partially dried this layer. 

I repeated the steps with the Dorothy and Wicked Witch pigments. Once dry, I went in with all three pigments again, and while wet, dabbed it with a baby wipe to create some texture. 

 You can see the layers of color and texture using the pigments. Remember, they will always dry lighter in color, just like watercolor.

 Then, I went in with the stencil from Brutus Monroe and dabbed the Wicked Witch pigment through. You can see a very faint design, which I decided wasn't enough.

detail... 

So, I pulled out the Simon Says Stamp Pawitively Saturated Paprika ink, and used a small blending brush to add another layer.  

detail... 

 I swiped the black ink along the edges of the paper to frame it.


Finally, I framed a postcard that came in the mail (from the Carter Foundation) in black cardstock, and hand lettered the new year and "a new start."

I like the way the colors in the background coordinate with this postcard.  


May 2024 be a new start for all of us! I hope the new year encourages your creativity so you will be inspired to join our challenges. May it be a year of health and hope for you and yours.

Happy New Year, 2024!!  




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Brutus Monroe Slimline Stencil Weave

Brutus Monroe Rust Aqua Pigment

Brutus Monroe Dorothy Aqua Pigment

Brutus Monroe Wicked Witch Aqua Pigment

Simon Says Stamp Paprika Pawsitively Saturated ink

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brush Grapefruit

Simon Says Stamp Black cardstock

Canson Watercolor paper

Dina Wakely White Acrylic paint 

Prima Silicone brush

Sharpie Marker

Heat It tool

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

3M Tape Glider

Ranger Distress Sprayer

baby wipes

photo/postcard



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest