Monday, December 18

Let It Snow!

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  USE DIES Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Our Let It Snow challenge will be a two week challenge, since we all get so busy at this holiday time of year. 

This week the challenge is: LET IT SNOW!

I have not scrapbooked in such a long time, it feels really good to pull out some "vintage" photos of my sons playing in the snow. We have a hill behind our house and open fields at that time, so they used to toboggan and sled on it. It's an exhilarating ride down, and a long haul back up. These two would keep going until they were cold and exhausted.  Ahh, good memories! 

So,,, there are two reasons I am picking up my scrapbooking again. I've spent a few weeks organizing and purging my creative space (lots more work to do!) so I finally have a large enough workspace to do larger projects, and I could finally get to my photos. The second reason is, I spent a weekend with my son's girlfriend helping get her set up to scrapbook a pet album. She inspired me to pick it up again.


Since this is all about snow, I stamped the snowman from Tim Holtz's Stamptember set from this year. 

 Cut and mounted the snow photos...

Tim Holtz's Festive Words dies are perfect for this challenge! 


 Popped in the little snowman...

I stamped a few snowflakes in the open spaces with Simon's Making Spirits Bright stamp set from the December card kit.  

Liking the mix of photos, die cuts and blues... 

 That pop of red really stands out...

Hello Winter! Let it Snow! 
WISHING YOU AND YOURS ALL THE MAGIC OF THE SEASON!





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Festive Words dies 

Simon Says Stamp Making Spirits Bright stamp set

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Stamptember 2023 stamp set

Simon Says Stamp Black , Sea Glass  cardstock

Echo Park Favorite Summer Solids 

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Tim Holtz paper trimmer

Big Shot

Tombow Markers

Bearly Art Precision Glue

3M Tape Glider

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

Simon Says Stamp Place and Pierce Embellishment Wand



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


1 comment:

  1. I hopped over here because I saw your card on Simon Says Stamp and I loved it. It is such a beautiful nod to the hardworking, self-sacrificing women who pull off these incredible acts of keeping their families alive at great cost to themselves. I was very moved by that. I saw a meme once that said if hardwork was truly the measure of success then all rural women in Africa would be rich. Anyway, I loved your tiny painting (on the card) and wanted to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest