Monday, July 22

Simon Says: Add A Sentiment

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  LOTS OF LAYERS  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: ADD A SENTIMENT

As a teacher (now retired), I think this was my mantra to get through the long days . You know how it seems like some days just fly by and others seem to drag on forever? Well, there were some long days teaching, and coffee got me through!  

STRONG COFFEE!


I began with a watercolor background  for the card, using watercolor paper and Daniel Smith Watercolors. Once I die cut the cups, I ink smooshed them with Simon Says Stamp's Pawsitively Saturated Ocean and Mandarin inks. I love the variegated look of the cups! 

I stenciled over my watercolor background with Simon's Mocha ink, a small blending brush, and their Coffee Drinks stencil. 


I stamped the sentiment from Riley and Co right on one of the cups, then stacked them. I popped the cups, distressed the edges, then adhered it all to the blue background. 


When I saw this stamp, it made me laugh! Just think of all the ways you could change this...May your coffee be stronger than.....I won't even give you any ideas, LOL! 


Stencil detail... 


I decided to add a pretty butterfly from Prima,  sitting on the top mug and kept it in my color range. I do love the combination of turquoise and orange. 


MAY YOUR COFFEE ALWAYS BE STRONGER THAN YOUR KIDS. LOL! ...
because we are most likely going to need it to keep up with them.





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Riley and Company Coffee stamp (similar stamps)

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tea Time die

Simon Says Stamp Coffee Drinks stencil

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Mocha, Ocean and Mandarin inks

Simon Says Stamp Mocha Small Blending Brush

Simon Says Stamp Peacock Teal cardstock

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Hansa Yellow and Permanent Orange

Watercolor brush

Canson Watercolor paper

Prima Flowers Elegant Wings Butterflies

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

Tim Holz Glass Media Mat

3M ATG Tape

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Ranger Mister Bottle



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest