Monday, August 31

Get In Shape


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  LOTS OF LAYERS Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's always wonderful to have Cassie join us as our guest designer. Until next time Cassie... 

This week the challenge is: GET IN SHAPE (no squares or rectangles)


I used a mix of blues and greens for the plant and words. 

I wanted a good contrast for the upper circle area, but also wanted to pull in colors from my painted paper. 


Once the paint dried, I cut a piece of painted paper I had made  and found in my stash. 


I was trying to add some dimension to the plant and pot with my paint. 


Funny things can happen when you don't see well. I had glued my words in place, and when I looked at it again, beginning was upside down. Lucky for me, the glue had not yet dried! I also added white paint dots around the upper circle to pull my design together. 


Sometimes when I have extra paint, I put it on text paper, then go in and add designs. I have a stash of these that I can pull from when needed. 


A NEW BEGINNING...with a tropical vibe 






As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Stamperia Craft Shapes A New Beginning, Round

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Painted paper from stash

Adirondack Lettuce Acrylic Paints  

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Peacock, Turquoise, Lime, Syrup, Tangerine, Stoked, White

Paint Brush

Bearly Art Precision Glue



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest