Wednesday, July 8

Scrapbook Page Samples

Thought I would share some recent pages I have completed to give you an idea about my style.

This sample page is from a recent class at Captured Moments, my favorite scrapbook store. This is my first attempt at using the new Bazill templates for sewing, which were very easy to use. I really enjoy trying out new techniques and incorporating them into my scrapbooking or stamping.Father's Day 2009 - one of my favorite tools to use is a white gel pen. (my fave - a Uni-ball Signo gel pen - Stampin' Up carries them) I used to be one of those people who "disliked" my handwriting, but I have gotten over that, and the more I write in my own hand, the more I like it. The way I see it, when someone looks at my pages years from now, it will mean more to them than if I typed it. If you haven't tried journaling in your own hand, challenge yourself to try it!
The last crop I went to had a "beach" theme, so I challenged myself to make a beach layout by combining photos from different beaches and years. This would be a fun way to show your summer fun at the beach this year!
I started scrapbooking when my children were in high school and college. At first I thought I had to go back and start at the beginning with their baby pictures, but looking at trying to catch up with 20 years was just too overwhelming! What works for me is to scrapbook whatever I am in the mood for at the time. I often combine old and new photos (sometimes just because I can't remember when the photos are from...) on a layout. Now that I think about it, my method is to scrap by theme or idea rather than chronologically - works for me!
Be sure to add some creativity to your day - it's good for your spirit!
Maura

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Pages Maura!! Thank you for your kind words about Captured Moments! We love you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest