Sunday, August 19

Getting Carried Away


I wonder...do you get carried away when you are in the midst of creating? I know I often do, especially when I am doing something I really love to do, like using the gel plate to make prints.

I had a friend over recently and taught her all kinds of ways to use the gel plate to make her own printed papers. We had such messy, painty fun together! I wanted to make something with one of my papers and decided to do a journal page which expresses how I feel when I immerse myself in creativity. 


I set us up inside at my kitchen table since we were supposed to get thunderstorms later (and we did). We have everything we need: gel plates, brayers, all kinds of papers, baby wipes, paper towels, stencils, texture plates, lots of found objects, and DecoArt Americana Premium and Craft paints. Oh yes, and aprons to wear!


I love using found objects to create designs on the gel plate, and the diamond shapes on my paper come from an egg carton. 


I mixed Green Gold and Quinacridone Gold on the plate with the brayer. Next, I stamped the egg carton and printed my paper. Once it dried, I added Primary Yellow to the gel plate and using the texture mat, I "stamped" the lacy design on top. 


My friend, Andrea Ockey Parr makes some awesome stamps, and some of my favorites are these bubble wands. I stamped them with archival black ink, and added a bit of detail with white and gold pens. After all, I really feel like I am playing when I get to do this!


Having a stash of papers I've already created makes it easy to grab one for an art journal or card background. I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I did my page!
Maura


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest