Tuesday, August 27

N*Studio Creative Squad: Go Bold!



Hello friends! I'm over at the N*Studio Creative Squad today, sharing how to make this bold trio of cards HERE.

I have a 10% coupon for you at ArtFoamies - use code MAURA2


 



In case you missed it...

Food for Thought



Do you have a King or Queen of the kitchen at your house? Anyone who loves to cook? Why not create a crown themed chef’s hat for them? One of my sisters loves to cook, and loves the color purple which got my muse thinking. I found a canvas chef hat in my stash, and purple made me think of royalty, hence the crown inference. 

I started with simple materials for my project, chef hat, stencil, stamps, and paints. Of course, this could easily be done on a canvas bag too.  




My first step was to stencil around the headband portion of the hat. I used a cosmetic sponge with the Cobalt Teal Hue acrylic paint and dabbed lightly. In retrospect, I would have waited to do this step until after I did the fans, which would have made the placement better. I also would have lightened the blue. Oh, the things we learn as we go! 




I blended the Dioxazine Purple and Translucent White on the gel plate with the brayer, then used this as a stamping base for the solid fan. I found I had to repeat the paint stamping onto the hat two to three times in order to get it dark enough. 




Next, I blended Quinacridone Magenta and Translucent White on the gel plate, and stamped into this with the large Park Avenue Fan to transfer it to the hat. I stamped this design on top of the solid fans around the brim. Then, I decided there wasn’t enough contrast, so mixed a second blend using more white, and re-stamped the design. If you look closely you can see a shadow effect. 




To create a royal feel to the chef’s hat, I outlined the fans with a gold acrylic paint pen. 



Then, I figured a “crown” needs jewels, so sewed a purple button to the top of each fan. 



Time for the “foodie” shot, so I am modeling the Royal Chef Hat. 



I can’t wait to see my sister’s reaction when I hand her the Royal Chef Hat in honor of her love of cooking and creating. I think it’s a good thing she enjoys wearing hats, even weird ones that look like a dragon or jester, lol. Time to honor the Queen of the Kitchen! 


3 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards! They look so elegant with the gold and rich colours - perfect 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... wow, the chef's hat is amazing! I love your fabric creations and the buttons finish the design perfectly, such fun 😁. xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Jo! I really appreciate your comments. I love the red, black and gold combination, to me it has an Asian feel. And the hat was fun, plus my sister loved it! I love seeing your creations, even if I don't always get there to comment. Have a great weekend too! Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest