Monday, September 2

Simon Says: STAMPtember!!!

Welcome friends to Simon Says STAMPtember Blog Celebration!!

Welcome to the party, it's just the beginning of a month long celebration!!



I am using the brand new and beautiful Filigree Squirrel die cut from the Stamptember release, and will be sharing several projects I've made with it.

I also have a very special STAMPtember promotion for you at the end of this post, thanks to our very generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


CARD #1

Oh Nuts!

Simple card in layers of black and white, and I hand lettered the words.



closeup of the die cut detail...


CARD #2

Black and Tan

Embossed background using the Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit (Sizzix Tim Holtz Kaleidoscope Texture Fade), and tied with a hand dyed ribbon.




Details...


PLACE CARD #1

Brown Squirrel

This time, I left all the die pieces in places, cut out the squirrel and glued it to black card stock. On the card, I used the Simon Says Stamp Gingham Stencil with Ground Espresso Distress Ink


PLACE CARD #2

Gray Squirrel

Created similar to Place Card 1, but I used an embossed background for the place card, like I did in Card 2. I inked the folder first, and then embossed it, in order to get the brown in the design. 


It would be fun to make a set of these for the Thanksgiving table! 


There are squirrels everywhere! I hope you have enjoyed my inspiration for the Filigree Squirrel!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I would love to hear your thoughts on my projects! 

Many designers are participating in the blog party with some amazing inspiration for you with the new release, so be sure to head on over HERE to find all the links! (I am #50)

Have an awesome day partying with STAMPtember at Simon Says Stamp
and as promised, here is the code!
Maura









14 comments:

  1. LOOOVE your place card the best! ALTHOUGH, one of your cards caught my eye! ;)PERFECT for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations using the squirrel die! Thank you for the inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Maura and I love the place cards. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love squirrels. I had to get a squirrel proof bird feeder though. Hubby always throws some seeds on the ground for them. Nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This squirrel is really special and he shows up so well on all your cards. Just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! I definitely have this die on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome creations, Happy SSS STAMPTEMBER! Cool squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made quite a unique character of that squirrel--fabulous! Happy stamptember to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! These are so so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really adorable squirrels. Each differently colored card really showcased the die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest