Monday, October 28

Simon Says: Art Journal



Hello Monday, my crafty friends! Are you a washi whisperer? an artsy painter? an art journal? Well, this week's challenge is for you! Our theme this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is ART JOURNAL. I personally love to work in my art journals...yes, I likely have about ten different art journals going on at a time! Heck, sometimes I want a big one, or a small one, or black background, or watercolor...as you can see, my list goes on. 

Our lovely guest designer this month, Jo, often works in her art journal and I always look forward to seeing her pages. It has been wonderful having her with us this month, and I wish her the very best! I know I will be seeing you on the web, Jo!

WASHI WHISPERER? ARTSY PANTS?


I pulled out some of my Inky Antic stamps by Andrea Ockey Parr for my work this week. I love her versatile designs with a touch of literature. I used the stamp platform. 


I started with a brightly colored sheet of patterned paper and adhered it to my page. I stamped my images on the paper also and fussy cut them out. 


Time to stencil on another layer with white paint...


...then purple and lime.


I stenciled again with the white, then stamped the design using Night. 


Time to put my two artists up on pedestals!


Following a tip from Andrea, I went around my figures with black sharpie and added a bit of shadow with a graphite pencil. 


Details...



Why not put yourself up on a pedestal and create your own little masterpiece in your art journal?
Heck, why not!!


Please join us this week in our fun art journal challenge!  One participant is drawn at random for a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team is ready to share their art journals with you this week, so head on over and check out the inspiration!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning art journal page! I love the way you created the background with the patterned paper and stenciling, I'll have to give that a go 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration! It was a delight to join you in the Designer Spotlight this month, thank you! Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Maura! That layered background is stunning and I love how you used Andrea's stamps. I hope you will have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest