Monday, January 4

Use a New Product in the New Year!




Hello Monday, my friends and wishing you all a healthy and creative new year! We are starting off the year at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with - USE A NEW/UNUSED PRODUCT, and we are also showcasing the fun products of Brutus Monroe. Come join the crafty fun!


I'd also like to welcome our guest designer for the month, Anita Rao who has a fun mixed media style. Welcome Anita, so glad to have you with us!!

I decided to have some fun with this week's challenge and make a little book with a robot theme. I'm using a new Brutus Monroe stamp set and stencil.


I had the die cut folding journal in my stash, and started with the Dina Wakley sprays and the Brutus Monroe Turbine stencil. Since the book is long, and the stencil only 6", I covered sections with paper before spraying.


Here's how it turned out...



I then turned the stencil over, and pressed it onto the inside panel.


Next, I blended several distress oxides onto the inside cover and spritzed with water. 


On the front cover, since it is so colorful, I just rubbed in the rusty hinge.


Next, I flicked on some of Brutus' Gilded Aqua Pigment, then tilted the page to let it run.




I added watercolor to this paper keeping it wet, then a bit of chunky sea salt and let it dry. Brush the salt off, and then stamp the images onto the paper.


I threaded twine through the holes in the book.


I cut signatures of watercolor paper and slipped then through the twine. 


I glued down a mix of the stamped images, an inside of a watch, and bits and bobs from the workbench, plus a few acrylic bubbles.  I used tack glue for the papers, glossy accents for the bubbles, and Beacons for the metal bits.




Supplies...


After working with the book and wet mediums, the folds were getting a bit ratty, so I decided to cover them with duck tape I had handy, and also some washi tape from my stash.


Inside...


Back...ooh, look at that swirly color with the Turbine stencil!


I was looking for a way to keep the book closed, and a clip works just fine. This will be a fun and creative little book perfect for sketching or watercolors in the new year.


I hope you are ready to join us in our first challenge of 2021 with something new! Let us know what you are using that is new...maybe you just got it as a present, or maybe it's new because you just haven't used it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what is new in your stash! And if you have some Brutus Monroe products, we would love to see them too. 

Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher! 




A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to see the new items the design team is using. A happy and healthy new year to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest