Monday, March 1

Rusty Butterfly Catcher


 


Hello steampunk/industrial friends, and welcome to our MarchApril challenge at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges! With the ongoing pandemic, things are a bit different at SASPC, and we are again hosting a two month challenge. It gives all of us a bit more leeway to create in these times. 

I am sharing a project I created in an on-line class with Anna Dabrowska, aka Finnabair.  It was a wonderful experience to have Anna on the computer screen in front of me, while I had access to all my crafting materials. 

Pulled up from a shipwreck down on the ocean floor, is this treasure from a bygone era - a butterfly catcher.  Even through that rusty crust, details emerge - cogs, gears, flowers, butterflies... I imagine this might have had a small candle or light inside to attract the butterfly so it could be captured and added to the growing collection of specimens. What a find!

RUSTY BUTTERFLY CATCHER


Getting started in class...
(and since it was a class, I will just share some photos of details of my project, not how to actually make it, out of respect for the teacher)


Creating rusty detail...




Messy hands...


Details from my project...





...and here is my rusty butterfly catcher!


I loved making this project, and it was a treat to be able to take a class on the web to create this steampunk style home decor. Many thanks for Anna Dabrowska for teaching us, you are one amazing teacher! I would recommend taking a class from her if you enjoy this style. 

Well, now it is your turn to create and share a steampunk/industrial style project with us! I am looking forward to your creations, Maura


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest