Monday, February 14

Food and Drink




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - FOOD and/or DRINK.

I decided to make a birthday card for my hubby since he has a birthday in a week or so. I think we are going to gather the family for a movie night with pizza and popcorn to celebrate. So, I've included elements of the day on my flat card (I don't need to mail this one thankfully).


I began by stamping two images of the popcorn box and coloring them two ways to see which I liked best Then, I cut pieces out of one of them and popped them on the other image.


A bit of distress edging and some splatters...


Then, I twisted a bit of the filmstrip ribbon across the card and added the celebrate sticker.


For the back, I stamped the big happy birthday. I decided to make a flat rather than a folded card since it is so dimensional. (and I don't have to mail it)


I colored a bit of red into the words.


Final step was to add a couple of stars and enamel dots. 


OK, we are ready to party at my house. Now...it's your turn! Come join the fun with us this week and share your make. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one person drawn at random. 


SUPPLIES:

A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over and check out all the inspiration from my fabulous teamies!











 

4 comments:

  1. I love popcorn! My husband bribes me with it so I'll see movies I don't want to see with him, lol. I've never seen these stamps before, now I'll have to put them on my wish list. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this Susan! I too can be bribed with popcorn, lol! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, Maura

      Delete
  2. I really like your card. There ar so many fun puns you can do with popcorn. Using the word Pop as in ur Dad. To an uncle whose jokes are corny. That’s all I can come up with. Or a movie theater gift card maybe. Anyway, peace and love .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I love your ideas! Now, you have me thinking of new ways to use this in more creative ways. Peace and love back to you, Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest