Monday, June 27

Inspired By A Movie

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the Letter S Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

What a treat it's been this month to have Alison Bomber with us! Many thanks Alison for sharing your amazing creations, and I look forward to seeing more of your makes.

This week the challenge is: INSPIRED BY A MOVIE

I chose the movie "Alice in Wonderland". I was inspired by the Stamperia paper line Alice in Wonderland to work in my art journal. I'm still having vision issues after my eye surgery this spring, so I need to keep things simple. But, there's a lot you can do with just a few things, so I hope you enjoy this. 


I began by stamping these cute images from Stamping Bella on the spread. I chose paints that matched up well with the papers, and began with painting the background  with Salvaged Patina.

Once the background dried, I added dots with the Simon Says Stamp In the Round stencil and Aged Mahogany.


Then, I chose papers and collaged bits and pieces onto the pages. 


I was going to leave my stamped figures plain, just because I never do that, but then I decided to add in a bit of color with colored pencils. 


The Mad Hatter... 


The White Rabbit... 


 

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Stamping Bella Oddball Mad Hatter stamp 

Stamping Bella Oddball White Rabbit stamp 

Stamperia Alice in Wonderland 6x6 paper pack

Simon Says Stamp In the Round stencil

Dylusions Creative Flip Journal

Tim Holtz/Ranger Salvaged Patina paint

Tim Holtz/Ranger Aged Mahogany paint

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink

Tim Holtz/Ranger Ground Espresso ink

Prismacolor Colored Pencils

Ink Blending Tool

Dina Wakley Paint Brushes

3M ATG tape glider

Scissors


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest