Monday, July 18

Let's Go on Vacation!



 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Fabulous Florals  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: LET'S GO ON VACATION

Staycation or Vacation? 


I wanted to share my inspiration for this week - my deck! I feel like I am on vacation when I get to spend time on my deck soaking in the Adirondack Mountain view, I think it just may be my favorite place on earth! My son has filled the deck with plants, and it is just such a lovely feeling to be out there in my Adirondack chairs.



When I saw the new die from Simon Says Stamp Adirondack chair die, I had to get it. And of course, I had to make my chairs turquoise, just like mine. I decided to fill my art journal deck with cacti, since I have also been dreaming of the southwestern desert lately. Vacations can be a physical location, but I think they exist in your imagination too. 


I began by die cutting my chairs and piecing them together. I also stamped cacti across the page using masks so some would overlap.


I colored the cacti with pencils, and stamped across the bottom to represent my deck. 


I used watercolor to create the background sky, and placed the chairs and destination on the pages once dry.



Why not pull up a chair, look at the mountains and do a little vacation dreaming?


 As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Adirondack Chair die 

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mod Cactus stamp set

Simon Says Stamp Wood Planks background stamp

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Traveler Words Thinnest

Prismacolor Pencils

Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock

Simon Says Stamp Peacock Teal cardstock

Tim Holtz Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink

Daniel Smith Watercolor -Phthalo Turquoise

Daniel Smith Watercolor -Quinacridone Violet

Daniel Smith Watercolor - Lunar Black

Big Shot

Watercolor Brush

 Dylusions Creative Flip Journal

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye ink


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Kids Summer Vacation challenge is open HERE



 

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

3 comments:

  1. Lovely view and great journal page, Maura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Xynthia! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what fabulous pages! I love the Adirondack chairs with those cactus; your deck was the perfect inspiration too - amazing 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest