Monday, October 24

Harvest Kokopelli



 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Halloween/Spooky Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: HOME DECOR

HARVEST KOKOPELLI 

Years ago, my husband cut out a lot of Kokopelli figures from scrap wood we had, in several sizes. Over the years, I have transformed several of them into different themes, and this time I chose a harvest or fall theme. I think this Kokopelli may find its way onto my Thanksgiving table in honor of our First Nations.


 I began my project by blending Sage and Turquoise paints over as much of the surface as possible.


Then, I used Simon's Fanfare stencil to add a design to my wood piece. I used Lapis on the upper section and applied it sparingly with a cosmetic sponge. 


I turned the stencil upside down and applied Sedona. 


I added some Tim Holtz Foundry waxes to the flute, hair and lower portion of the body.


Then, I went over the lower wax area with the stencil and Sedona paint again.


I used a Turquoise paint pen to add some curved lines into the design, and added a trio of feathers through a coyote charm. I decided the feathers needed a bit more, so flicked on some gold gouache and paint.

 

I like the mix of bold design and large feathers, and the charm from my stash adds the perfect touch, I think. I hope you have enjoyed my project and if you are interested in my other Kokopellis, the links are here: Steampunk Kokopelli, Autumn Kokopelli, Short Circuit, and Blue Man Kokopelli.

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 

Supplies:

Kokopelli wood figure

Dina Wakley paints - Sedona, Umber, Sage, Turquoise, Lapis

Tim Holtz Foundry Waxes

Simon Says Stamp Fanfare stencil

Ranger Heat It tool 

Tim Holtz Feathery Thinlit dies

Tim Holtz Classic Kraft cardstock

Acrylic paintbrush

Tim Holtz Splatter brush

Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway

Turquoise Paint pen

Gold Gouache

Coyote charm

Cosmetic sponge

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest