Monday, July 10

Going Around in Circles


 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Summer Mood Board  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES

Well, you might really be spinning in circles, or maybe drawing them, or pulling friends into your circle, or circling around the Sun...so yes, we are definitely going around in circles here! Circles are one of my favorite shapes to use in my work, do you have a favorite shape?

YOU'RE OUT OF THIS WORLD


Funny how my mind goes around in circles when I create. I often start in one direction, then it all morphs into something completely different. I embossed all these card bases with the new Simon Says Stamp Circle Hoops embossing folder and I was ready to turn them into a card. 

Then, I decided I wanted to make a tag instead with a space theme. I blended blue, purple and gilt as my background. 

 

Next, I went for the light blue and purple paints, and while it was semi dry, pressed it onto a sheet of paper and lifted some of the paint off the tag giving it a nice distressed look. Did I do this on purpose? No, it was a happy mistake that I took advantage of.  



Dots are circles, right? I added bunches of dots to the tag.


Meanwhile, I swiped the Cadette ink over the white embossed cardstock. It looks messy, but don't worry, I'm going to cut it up. 

In the end, I only used two of the cardstock colors for my tag. I like cutting out wonky circles to play with. 

Figuring out the placement... 


I cut the words out of a darker color, and since it didn't show up against the background, I smudged in some white paint to make it pop.

 To complete my space and romance theme, I added these fun die cuts from Art by Marlene.


 You'r Out of This World! I had lots of fun playing with so many circles and circular designs. I hope you have as much fun with your make, and be sure to share it with us!





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Circle Hoops Embossing Folder

Simon Says Stamp Out of This World wafer die

Studio Light Art by Marlene Funny Die Cut Tag

Studio Light Art by Marlene Out of This World  Paper Elements 

Tim Holtz Bubble Layering Stencil

Simon Says Stamp Assorted Card Fronts

Simon Says Stamp Cadette Pawsitively Saturated ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Lapis, Peacock, Blackberry, Orchid, Gilt, White

Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Big Shot

Brush

cosmetic sponge



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest