Monday, July 3

Summer Mood Board Challenge


 We have a fabulous SUMMER MOOD BOARD to inspire you this week, created by teamie Macarena.

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  VACATION Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

We  are highlighting the wonderful products of Brutus Monroe this week, so if you have some, we would love to see it in your makes.

Welcome to Natasha Vacca , our guest designer for the month of July! We are looking forward to having you with us this month.

This week the challenge is: SUMMER MOOD BOARD

I was inspired by the water, blues and pink of the flamingo to create my tag. 

GEARING UP FOR SUMMER


I egan with the blues for the tag's background, and applied the Pawsitively Saturated inks through the Brutus Monroe Tangled Waves stencil I had in my stash. Note 0 I love using the Simon Says Stamp Small Blending brushes for tasks like this.


Next, using the flamingo's color inspiration, I blended some ink onto the fish images (Brutus Monroe)


I wanted to add more color, so this time I am using some paints and Simon's Mermaid Scales stencil. ( I like to use cosmetic sponges to apply paint through a stencil)


Time to add more color to the fish. I like dipping Scribble Sticks into water and applying the color. You get a nice rich color this way. You can use a water brush to blend the colors out over the image. 



I added a couple of gears at the top of the tag (fits in with my "gearing up for summer" name).  I also like the fun saying on the tab - You're Fin-tastic - nice play on words.


What inspiration are you pulling from he Summer Mood board? Create and share with us, we would love to see what you come up with!

Happy Summer!!



 

Summer is officially here in the northern hemisphere. I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a summer solstice celebration with an amazing and eclectic group of folks from the Adirondacks and beyond. We celebrated summer with song, food, stories and friendship. It might have been a rainy (more drizzle) kind of day, but hey, we need the rain too! Wishing each of you a wonderful, relaxing and creative summer! 



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Brutus Monroe Looking Sharp stamps

Brutus Monroe Tangled Waves stencil

Simon Says Stamp Mermaid Scales stencil

Studio Light Tab Tags

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks - Tidepool, Surf, Cadette, Sweets, Grapefruit

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint - Ocean, Aloe

Dyan Really Acrylic Paint -  Tropical Sangria

Ranger Glossy Accents

Tim Holtz Gears

Beacon 3 in 1 glue

Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks set 1

Waterbrush

Black pen 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest