Monday, July 24

We Can See Clearly



 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Transport It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: WE CAN SEE CLEARLY

I'm still thinking mermaids this week, and decided to try making a charm with mermaid tails. I am trying out Simon Says Stamp's Shrink Sheets and I must admit I am not very adept at working with shrink stuff, but here we go... 


i began by stamping and 
coloring with alcohol markers. I didn't want to put down too much color or it gets very dark in my experience .

Next step is to cut out the mermaid tails and keep all the edges smooth.  I punched a hole in the top section too.


The tweezers worked great to hold the plastic while I was heating the piece. I wanted to show that I always seen to end up with pieces that work, and ones that don't. My advice is to make several and then hopefully you end wup with the number you want. 


I put the tails on jump rings and added a WISH stick also to the hook clasp. 


The light coming through shows all my mistakes, lol! 


In my collection of oddities, I have this crab shell I've had for years, and it seemed like the perfect prop. 


Mermaid Wishes... 




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Be a Mermaid stamps

Simon Says Stamp Stamp and Cut Shrink Sheets

Simon Says Stamp Black Dye Ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Reverse Tweezes

Heat It tool

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Hook Clasps

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Story Sticks

Tim Holtz Idea-ology jump rings 

Alcohol ink markers

pliers

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Hole Punch 


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest