Saturday, September 2

STAMPtember Blog Party!


Happy STAMPtember!! ...and welcome to the party! 
We have so much inspiration for you today at Simon Says Stamp, and gifts too! Be sure to check out all the amazing creations from the Simon Says Stamp designers.

I'm sharing two tags I made using the beautiful Checking In stamp Set from Simon Says Stamp for STAMPtember. 


I wanted to compare two tags that are similar in design and materials, but one in warm colors, and the other cool. What a different feel the color plays here! 
Need to check in with family or friends? You could use one of these tags to let them know you are thinking of them.

WARM COLORS


I started with layers of ink smooshing...


Dried the tag with the hear tool ...


COOL COLORS


Again, I began with layers of ink smooshing (Wipe the ink on a craft mat, spritz with water, and lay the tag onto it. Repeat until you get what you like.)


Dry...


I stamped the warm tag with black ink, and the cool tag took a little twist. I thought I had pulled out white embossing powder, but it was clear, so I embossed first, then stamped directly over that with white pigment ink. It gives it a bit of dimension which I like. 


I added more color with Scribble Sticks dipped into water.


Then, I splattered gold over both tags.


Same steps with the cool tag...



Final step was to add some hand dyed ribbon. (I dyed these with Simon's Pawsitively Saturated inks.)


HAPPY STAMPtember my friends! Enjoy month-long stamping and inspiration with us for all of September. Simon Says Stamp has a lot to share with you this month, so stay tuned!
Happy crafting, Maura

SUPPLIES: 
Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks - Sweets, Orchid, Cadette, Citrine, Grapefruit
hand dyed ribbon
Gold Gouache

 
I have a special gift for you with any purchase! Just add the code to your purchase for this awesome HOLOGRAPHIC RAINBOW paper from our friends at Simon Says Stamp!! 

Be sure to check out all the participants in the party at the Simon Says Stamp blog, for lots more goodies to find!


Happy STAMPtember my creative friends!!

Here is the list of amazing designers participating in our blog party:



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Maura :-) I love that you did one warm and one cool! very cool idea! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vibrant tags - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good tag idea-Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors on the tags..
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mixed media is neat. I love to see the techniques people use with the products

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tags are so much fun, I need to make them again. Thank you for your colorful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tags and you show us color comparisons. They're so pretty. Ink spoosh layering is fun and gives such a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tags. Love the colors KimMJ bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing tags!!!! Really Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your cool tags w/ us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME tags !!! Fun and creative !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all that inky goodness; very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest