Monday, October 16

Text It!



 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Explore Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: TEXT IT!

The words say it all! 


I began by ink smooshing two tags, one in warm colors and one in cool. Simon's Pawsitively Saturated inks work beautifully.
 

Warm 

Cool 

Next, I stamped the images from Seth Apter in Mocha on the tags, and also distressed the edges. 


I smeared some Sparkle Texture Paste over the tags just using my fingers. 
Let dry completely.


The numbers didn't stand out as much as I wanted, so I stamped and cut out the one and four to indicate 14 for an upcoming birthday. I popped them up with foam tape.


This is transforming into a birthday tag to send instead of a card. 


I stamped the Happy Birthday in blue, just so they would know, lol. 


I tied the two tags together with hand dyed ribbon, and voila! It is done. 

s
 I'm focusing on the text of this great array of words for my traveling sister. The number shaped remind me of old typewriter keys too. As you can see, I went for the old fashioned texting style.

Happy Birthday Tag




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Seth Apter Paper Artsy EM 66

Seth Apter Paper Artsy EM 73 

Dina Wakley Media Tags #3 and #5 assortment

Tim Holtz Sparkle Texture Paste

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks - Mocha, Grapefruit, Aegean, Citrine, Surf

Simon Says Stamp You Shine stamp set

Distress Sprayer

Hand dyed ribbon

Ranger Mini Blender tool

Heat It tool 

Foam Tape

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat

Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest