Monday, May 27

Lots of Texture!

 

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Let's Art Journal Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been great having Wanda with us for the month of May! I am sure you have enjoyed her beautiful creations as much as I have. Keep sharing your beautiful work, Wanda! 

This week the challenge is: LOTS OF TEXTURE

I decided this was the perfect challenge to create a cover for one of my art journals. It's so much to create texture in different ways, and I've taken my plain cover to the next level.


I pulled out one of my older art journals with a chipboard cover to use.  

First texture and collage layer is the application of Palette collage paper. I did not worry about wrinkles since they add texture too! Since I used matte medium (a wet medium), yes, there were wrinkles.

Once the first layer dried, I brushed and smudged in some paint. 

Next step was stenciling in some dots with Simon's In The Round stencil and black paint. After that, I stamped in some of these fun circles with ink.  You can create visual texture with layers.

Now, for some more dimensional texture - stencil + texture paste. I love this new stencil from Tim Holtz - Deco Feather.


Let it all dry, or speed up the process with a heat tool. Brush white paint over the surface and wipe back a bit, since you still want some of the underlying color and design to come through. 


I added the quote chip and COLLECTION seemed appropriate since it is filled with art journal pages I've finished.  

Texture Detail - visual and tactile... 


Back cover 

I am loving the transformation of my art journal cover!
 Layers and texture are just so fun to work with...it's messy but very rewarding. 




As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Palette Collage Paper 

Tim Holtz Deco Feather stencil

Tim Holtz Quote Chip

Paper Artsy Tracy Scott TS085 stamps

Ranger Multi Mediu Matte

Ranger Texture Paset Transparent Matte

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Lemon, Magenta, Ocean, White, Black

Simon Says Stamp In The Round stencil

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Ranger Heat It tool

Acrylic Paint Brush

Art Journal with hard cover



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest