Monday, June 10

Let The Music Play!

 


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  MASCULINE  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: LET THE MUSIC PLAY!

Are you ready for the latest jazz band?

 Well, THE HIPSTERS are here for your listening pleasure! 


I began by stamping the images onto watercolor paper, then coloring them with markers. 

 Next up, fussy cutting my hipsters. I love the Fine Detail scissors from Simon Says Stamp for fussy cutting.


I sketched instruments and a microphone for the band, added some color, then fussy cut these. 


I wanted to have the band "pop", so drew a circle in my art journal, then laid a line of black paint around it. I smudged it outward with my finger. Once that dried, I did the same with the blue pant. Then, I added lines of orange around the circle, and white dots. Later, I added a circle of bright pink with media gloss.  


Then, it was just a matter of placing my band members and choosing their instruments. I popped the hipsters up, and glued the instruments in place. 



Flute and Sax... 


Trumpet, drums and vocals... 


 Mr. Cool Cat has the vocals covered...


Boom Boom Ben has the drums covered... 


.Madame Isabella rocks the flute... 


Dashing Dan is a whiz with the Sax... 


 and...Monsieur L'Oiseau blasts out on the trumpet...


Yep, The Hipsters are ready to rock the world with some classy jazz! 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Hipster stamp set

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Black, Turquoise, Tangelo

Dina Wakley Media Gloss Stoked

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Canson Watercolor paper

Tombow Markers

Waterbrush

Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape

Dylusions 8x8 Creative journal  

Posca Pen white

Black Drawing Pens

Gold Pen



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest