Monday, August 26

From Regions Beyond

 


 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Alcohol Inks or Drinks  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

It's been wonderful having Carrie Swift with us this month and her amazing creations! Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us, Carrie, and I am looking forward to more inspiration from you.  

This week the challenge is: TAG IT

FROM REGIONS BEYOND...

The Eye Stalk trees are watching you! 

I was inspired to make this weird and funky tag from a page I did in an art journal, my "obsession" with eyes, and perhaps a too vivid imagination, LOL!


I began by painting watercolor "blocks" of color onto the tag. 


Next, I began the stencil work. On some colors, I laid the stencil over the watercolor and removed color with a baby wipe. Be careful scrubbing out the color if using mixed media paper to not go through.


On other areas, I stenciled in a coordinating watercolor using a cosmetic sponge.


As you can see, I used a variety of stencils with both techniques.


Then, I cut circles from gel prints I had in my stash and outlined them with bold black.


Now the fun begins with drawing these wonky eyes. I added the Optic Frame to one of them with a black brad. 


I drew long tree trunks and doodled in different designs. I thought this quote chip was the perfect addition. 


Ooh, love these luscious colors!


I added Mummy Cloth and Tim's Colorblock fabric to the tag.


Here is my inspiration for my tag. I am taking a year long course with Joanne Sharpe, and she taught us about watercolor and stencils (The techniques I used on my tag.). The weird eye trees are all me, and I wanted to try this out as a tag.


FROM REGIONS BEYOND

  •  


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Dina Wakley Media Assorted Tags

Simon Says Stamp In the Round stencil

Simon Says Stamp Mermaid Scales stencil

Simon Says Stamp Tumbling Leaves stencil

Simon Says Stamp Grid stencil

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Quinacridone Pink, Quinacridone Coral, Hansa Yellow Light, Permanent Orange. Phthalo Turquoise, Quinacridone Violet

Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Colorblock Fabric

Tim Holtz Idea=ology Optic Frames

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mummy Cloth

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Quote Chips 

Bearly Art Precision Glue

Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue

Watercolor Brush

Black Sharpie

Black Brad

Gel Prints from stash 

Cosmetic Sponge

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

 



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest