Monday, September 2

Recycle!



 

 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  TAG IT  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Please join me in welcoming Kerry B  as our guest designer for the month of September. Welcome Kerry!!

Also, since it is the beginning of the month, we are showcasing Brutus Monroe . He has a wonderful selection of stamps, papers, mediums, and more.


This week the challenge is: RECYCLE!

I don't know about you, but somehow I seem to get a LOT of packages from Amazon at my house. So I decided to try making something from one of the Amazon recyclable paper bags. I think it worked remarkably well.   

 


I like this newer Amazon packaging...it's more like a slightly padded paper bag. We recycle all of these, but now it is time to repurpose this one. 

I cut it down to make a big pouch. 


Then, taped the tops closed since there is a bit of padding in there. I used some of my artist tape, but masking tape would work too.  


I painted both sides with white paint and let it dry. Then, I dripped these Brutus Monroe Aqua Pitments down each side. I repeated this step until I had what I was looking for. I set this onto a paper bag to catch the drips.  


Here is how it ended up... 


Since each side made a pouch, I cut out a few tags with the Playful Patterns paper from Brutus Monroe. I tried to coordinate the papers to the drips.  


On one tag, I added a pouch to hold a journaling tag. I thought maybe the others could be for photos.  


 I used a Brutus Monroe Shaker Pouch on the front, filled it with a mix of sequins and seed beads, then added a butterfly and a word. You might notice underneath, I added a few paper strips too.. 


The back...I smudged the paint off a bit so the word recyclable would show through.  I also punched two holes and tied it  with some hand dyed ribbon. 


Inside, I added a couple of strips of patterned paper and words. 


Use your imagination and think what you have at home that you can recycle in creative way. 





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Brutus Monroe Playful Patterns paper pack

Brutus Monroe Shaker Adhesive Pouches

Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments - Dorothy, Wicked Witch and Rust

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Ocean ink

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brush

Simon Says Stamp Sequins - Frosty Morning. Perfect Day, Gilded, Sea Glass, Aztec Gold

Simon Says Stamp White cardstock

Spellbinders Corner Rounder

Stamping Up Tab Punch

Prima Flowers Butterfly

Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers

Tim Holtz Paper trimmer

Dina Wakley White Paint

Hand dyed ribbon

Hole Punch

3M Adhesive tape

Painters Tape 

Seed Beads

 



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing recycled project! The colours look so amazing and I love your butterfly design 😊. Wishing you a very Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest