Wednesday, December 30

Sign me up.....again

I know that I have mentioned my Project 365 previously HERE. Basically you take a photo a day for an entire year, add a bit of daily journaling and at the end, you have a BIG scrapbook of your year.

I have to admit that I have enjoyed this process more than I thought that I would. Now, granted, you have to have the time to take photos and do the journaling and if you fall behind, it can become overwhelming.

I always tell Maura that we are in this hobby to have fun. It should not be stressful, feel like work or a chore, or take over our everyday lives. That is why Project 365 is just not for everyone.

However, apparently, it is for me. I have decided to undertake this process again for 2010. I just gave myself a gift of Project Life from Becky Higgins. Same basic idea all packaged up in a kit. Now, I do think that the kit takes a lot of the work out of the process. No time spent picking papers, embellishments or so forth...just shoot a picture, print it out and journal.

I just think that next year is going to be a great one to document and I don't want to miss it.

If the idea is appealing to you, but a year seems a bit too much, why not try Ali Edward's idea and document A Week In The Life? This approach focuses on documenting everyday details over the course of seven consecutive days. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Believe me, not every photo in my Project 365 is a great shot. Some are out of focus but capture what I wanted to remember, some days aren't even a photo but perhaps a note that my husband left for me, or a receipt, or even a card received from Maura in the mail. Just everyday details that I want to remember about my life at that point in time.

So, here's to documenting 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest