Tuesday, October 8

N*Studio Creative Squad: Your Biggest Fan


Your Biggest Fan

Hello friends! I am over at the N*Studio Creative Squad today, HERE, sharing some postcards I made to send out to some amazing people. Hope you will pop by and let me know what you think! Maura

I have a 10% coupon for you at Art Foamies - use code MAURA2

 



In case you missed it...

Little Wonder


Isn’t it often the little things that fill our lives with meaning? A smile, a hug, a flower in bloom, the flight of a bird, a good book, quiet moments, a song…to me, these are the little wonders that mean so much. Think about all of the little things that fill your own life to the brim!

I decided to make my little wonders with inchies (1”x1”) and twinchies (2”x2”). You can turn these tiny squares into little works of art, but this time, I’ve kept mine simple. I also decided to keep my supplies simple. 


First step is some color blending on the gel plate - Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cerulean Blue and Gold. I squirted small amounts of the four colors I am using and blended them with the brayer. 


I have to say, I love printing on my gel plate, and once I start, I really having a hard time stopping. Once the paint is blended on the plate with the brayer, I laid the New Orleans stencil down into it, lifted it off with the paint on the stencil and pressed it on the water color paper. Since I still have some paint on the stencil, I laid it between a sheet of deli paper to get the rest off. These extra prints will come in handy in future projects. 




I wanted a mix of designs, so I repeated the process, but this time after laying the stencil in the paint, once I lifted the stencil, I laid the paper on the gel plate. 


I decided to add a bit more gold to one of the sheets, so squirted the gold on the gel plate, brayered it, and laid the stencil onto the paint. Then I lifted the stencil and pressed it over one of my painted sheets, just to add another layer. 


The papers are dry and ready to be cut to size, 8 twinchies (2”x2”) and 4 inchies (1”x1”). 


On the inchies, I stamped a design from the fan-fare cube with archival black ink. I also edged all the pieces with the black ink. 


Just to add one more little element to my art journal page, I decided to punch small holes around several of the twinchies with my Japanese awl. I like the contrast between the painted pieces and the black background. 


Then, I adhered all twinchies to the art journal page with adhesive, popped up the inchies with foam tape, and wrote my thought in the center with a white paint pen.



It’s the little things…day to day, in art, in nature…that add so much to our lives. Think about all the little wonders in your life, and enjoy each and every one of them! Maura 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest